Monday, December 11, 2006

mmmm'yupdyate.

thats "update" for you kids.

while good old santa crazymonica is boring lately, filled like a fatty creme puff with racial slurs (and in MY household!) and crazy-go-nuts let-downs like dominoes-go-nuts, there have been some things making my days glow a little. rrradioactively!

rapidfireGO!

1) upon being absolutely utterly ridiculously bored one day at work, i decided to think. heres what i experienced:
"i want to learn how to skateboard. everyone here does it. even that one super conservative guy i saw was skateboarding like a maniac. matt doug's roommate said he would teach me how to surf. i should do that. but what if i got attacked by a shark and it only ate my toe? would i still wear flip flops or would i feel so self-conscious? it would be cool to be able to tell a story like that. i like good stories that are true. like the homeless haircut i got. i have to ask renee."

here are the texts that followed:

me: if you lost a toe would you still wear sandals?
ney: well that depends on which toe.
me: lets say the middle.
ney: Actually i'd just get a tiny hook to replace the toe and ONLY wear sandles.

2) some little suckup girl who said to me "youre beautiful...AND nice!" and shouted "GOD BLESS YOU GUYS" while walking away and blowing us kisses.

3) holding a 4 month old baby french bulldog named coco who fell asleep on me and then woke up, looked at me and kissed me.

4)recieving Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie on DVD from matt.

5)recognizing that right now, there arent really awful things happening in my life, and that if i take it one step at a time, yeah, im doing fine.

i miss all ya'all though. every day theres something that reminds me of you (whether its hearing "Feliz" play in a coffee shop, or seeing a sequin tap-pant bodysuit while walking in abbott-kinney). i know ive only been out here for three months, but i feel like its been years. the west coast really sucks the life out of you. everyones so into themself that you kind of just have to ignore time... when i go home ill probably have a rip van wynkle beard and sleeping cap. not because thats how much LA has sucked the life out of me, but because thats the trend thats sweeping the nation.

love you guys,
thank you, goodnight!

No comments: