Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Killer Queen Above the Pub.

I live above a bar, which is why my rent is cheap for the area.

However, let it be known that I live above MacDuff's Public House, which has almost everything I would ask for in a bar:

1. They blast several Queen songs a night. Right now my chair is vibrating to the live version of "Somebody To Love" that my sister put on a mix tape for me.

2. It's European in it's casualness, but has a fabulous curved copper bar that makes it cosmo.

3. A lot of young professionals, whackies, and college kids come here. All the other bars on The Ave attract divorcees and swingers.

4. Drinks are tall and reasonable.

5. My chair is now vibrating to "Under Pressure."

6. Really good modern cuisine that comes displayed like sculptures.

7. Dining area is suitable for a nice date, a lunch meeting or a game of chess over coffee because the tables are wooden chessboards and they keep glass playing pieces in the back.


8. They play Lord of the Rings on a plasma screen.

9. One of the owners, Arjun, is a man about town and always gives me the lowdown on local happenings. He's superchic too.

10. No designated driver needed.

No comments: